Many distance education courses have exams, which may be take-home, online, in-class, or proctored exams.
Take an Online/Distance Course Exam
Step 2: Submit your proctor form
Your proctor form will come from your instructor or organization. It must be filled out by the proctor.
Step 3: Pay your testing fees
The cost for taking an online course exam through the IUPUI Testing Center depends on how long it takes you to finish the test.
- 1-2 hours: $25
- 2.1-4 hours: $40
What to bring
You must bring a government-issued photo ID that bears your signature. All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Current driver's license
- Current state or federal ID card
- Current passport
- Tribal ID card
- Naturalization card
- Certificate of citizenship
What not to bring
All personal belongings must be kept outside of the testing lab. This includes jewelry, watches, wallets, and purses, in addition to these items:
- Cell phones
- Electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices, or any device with an on/off button, such as MP3 players, PDAs, tablets, computers, CD players, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks, spellcheckers, and so on.
- Eyeglasses with communication and recording devices
- Calculators and calculator manuals (on-screen calculators are provided for tests that allow them)
- Handwritten or printed materials, such as dictionaries, notebooks, scratch paper, textbooks, etc.
- Packages and bags of any kind, such as backpacks and briefcases
- Hats or headwear, except for those being warn for religious or medical purposes
- Food or beverages, including chewing gum
- Unauthorized aids, such as slide rulers, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
- Unauthorized medical devices, such as Epinephrine injections, except with prior approval