Instructors may allow students to make-up a course exam. Appointments must be made prior to every exam. Students who require Adaptive Educational Service (AES) accommodations must use AES services. This service is not available for midterms or finals. All materials must be received 24 hours before the scheduled appointment.
Take a Make-Up Exam for an IUPUI Class
Make-up exams are possible for IUPUI students who are unable to take tests in the classroom due to illness or emergencies. You can request a make-up exam through your school or department. Your instructor will determine if you're eligible to take the test.
Following the test, contact your instructor—not the testing center—for your exam grade.
Make-up exams are offered in the Business Building (BS3000).
Note: The make-up testing service is not a substitute for Adaptive Educational Services (AES) accomodations. If you require accomodations, you must use AES services.
Schedule your make-up exam
Once you're approved to make up an exam, you can schedule your make-up exam during any of these days and times:
- Monday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rules for making up exams
- You must have a JagTag to make up a test.
- Turn off and put away cell phones and other electronics. You will not be allowed to complete the exam if your phone rings during the test.
- Arrive for your appointment on time and stay until you finish the test. If you must leave the lab, your incomplete test will be submitted and scored.
- You must finish the exam in the time allowed by your instructor. All exams must be submitted by 4:45 p.m.